As you all know that all Indian Institute of Technology(IITs) are the autonomous public technical and research universities located across India. They are governed by the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961, There are mainly 23 IITs in different cities of india. If you score 90+ in CAT Exam you can apply for IIts.
For MBA aspirants IIT Bombay is one of the top premier Universities in India. IIT Bombay, founded in 1958, has established itself as a premier world class teaching and research institution in technology and interdisciplinary programmes. There is a separate department for MBA called Department of Management Studies IIT Bombay. In 1995 with the objective of transforming professionals with technological background to “Renaissance Leaders” of tomorrow. In the year 2000, the school was renamed as Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, in honor of Dr. Shailesh J. Mehta, a distinguished alumnus of IIT Bombay and a generous contributor to the school. SJMSOM is a part of IIT Bombay which provides courses at Postgraduate and Doctoral levels in the field of management. MBA in IIT Bombay is a dream for many students because IIT Bombay is an outstanding and innovative program in management education in less fee structure and MBA Course is much popular among the students in terms of Placement & ROI. The department currently runs a two year full time MBA programme (General and with focus on Telecommunication Systems Management) and a three year part time. Students who were preparing for CAT 2020 can apply for MBA admission at SJMSOM IIT Bombay. The last date to apply at this coveted B-school closes on January 31, 2021. The management department of IIT Bombay has been ranked at 10th place by NIRF 2019 among the top 100 B-schools in India. IIT Bombay ranks 1 in the QS India Rankings 2019. It has been conferred the status of Institute of Eminence by the Government of India.
|Campus Area||550 acre|
|Nirf Ranking (2020)||10|
|Also Known as||IIT Delhi|
|College Type||Public/Government, Autonomous|
Mode of Admission:
- Candidates are selected on the basis of CAT Exam & PI round, academics, work experience and diversity for PGP programme.
- Without CAT there is no mode of admission.
- Students who applied for IIT Delhi MBA programmes on qualifying the CAT 2020 will be shortlisted and then invited for an interview, which will be held at IIT Bombayi.
- Candidates for PGP must fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
The candidates who want to pursue MBA from IIT Kharagpur are required to fulfill the eligibility requirements set by the institute. Check the eligibility criteria given below.
- Admission Seekers are required to get minimum qualifying marks in the CAT Exam.
- Candidates must pass their (10+2) with at least minimum 60% in Class 10/ SSC and Class 12/ HSC.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 60% aggregate marks.
- For reserved category students at least 55% in their bachelor’s degree(relaxation of 5% in marks).
Highest CTC in Placement 2020 goes up to Rs.32.80 LPA
Average CTC in Placement 2020 goes up at Rs.20.98 LPA
MBA Admission Application Fee: Application Processing Fee is non-refundable
Tuition Fee (Indian Citizen)
Rs. Rs.10,08,300/- ( for the entire MBA Full Time Programme payable in equal installments
Approx 2.53 per semester
Tentative Schedule For Admission Activity:
|Admission Process||Key Dates|
|Online Submission of Application Form Starts||January 6, 2021 (After declaration of CAT 2020 Result)|
|Last Date of Online Application Form Submission||31st January 2021 (Sunday)|
|Personal Interview (PI) Round||First Week of March 2021|
|Declaration of Admission Results 2021||Last week of April 2021|
Cut Offs (PGP Course):
The cut offs for admission are as given below:
Admission Process of IIT Bombay (How to apply):
Steps For Admission in IIT Bombay(SJMSOM) are given below:
- Step 1: The students must have scored the minimum marks in CAT 2020 to be considered for the first stage screening process for admission at SJMSOM-IIT Bombay (all depend on your CAT Score You are only eligible for the registration process if you score as per the CutOffs).
- Step 2: Students must apply for MBA Admission 2021 at SJMSOM-IIT Bombay latest by January 31, 2021 on there official website https://portal.iitb.ac.in/
- Step 3: Candidates are short-listed for Personal Interview (PI) from among the candidates who have a valid CAT-2020 score, who have applied for admission to SJMSOM-IIT Bombayand who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme of SJMSOM-IIT Bombay
- Step 4: The PI will be held from March 2 to 7, 2021 for domestic candidates. For International candidates the PI will be held thereafter. After the PI round, admission offers are made by SJMSOM-IIT Bombay to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in CAT, performance in PI, academics, extra-curricular achievements, work experience among others
- Step 5: Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of April 2021 on the basis of Final Score arrived after awarding the weightage scores on all the components.
List of documents for filling application form:
- scanned copy of any age proof
- copy of CAT 2020 scorecard
- scanned copy of caste certificate
- proof of work experience
- scanned copy of 10th class, 12th class and graduation certificate