SP Jain Institute of Management and Research is a constituent business school of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan.SPJIMR sits on a 45 acres campus in the western suburbs of Andheri in Mumbai. The Institute has an annual intake of some 700 students under various programmes. Its oldest programme is the two years’ Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM). It was established in 1981.
Courses Duration and Seats
|Post Graduate Executive Management programme||1.8 Years|
|Post Graduate Management Programme for Women||1 Year|
|Post Graduate Programme in Development Management||1.5 Years|
|Post Graduate Programme in Family Managed Business||1.5 years|
|Post Graduate Programme in Management||1 Year|
Other eligibility criteria
If the applicants have undergone /completed an integrated master’s degree directly after their 12th the percentage of marks obtained as per their institute /university norms, which is considered as equivalent to bachelor’s degree will be considered.
Graduates with no work experience and those with up to five years of work experience can apply.
- Register and Apply
Interested candidates can apply online with required information.
- Early Group Interview
Shortlisted candidates will be called for personal interview based on their profile and profile cum score. Candidates are assessed on the basis of their intellectual readiness (academics) and also on emotional readiness. Emotional readiness includes work experience, extra-curricular activities and aptitude for and befitting the Institute mission of promoting value-based leadership. For international students, Interviews would be scheduled over Skype.
- Group Interview
This phase is held after the availability of entrance test scores. Candidates in this phase are called for interviews on the basis of their profile, along with their CAT (Common Admission Test) /XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) scores.
- Final Selection
Candidates are selected based on profile past academic records, CAT (Common Admission Test)/XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) /GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) scores, relevance of work experience (if any) and performance in the two rounds of group interviews.
|Post Graduate Executive Management programme||8 Lakhs|
|Post Graduate Management Programme for Women||10.95 Lakhs|
|Post Graduate Programme in Development Management||1.50 Lakhs|
|Post Graduate Programme in Family Managed Business||13.05 Lakhs|
|Post Graduate Programme in Management||18.65 Lakhs|
|Number of companies participating||Total No of International offers||Total No of Pre-Placement offers||Median Salary||Average Salary|
|111||12||78||22.00 LPA||22.90 LPA|
SPJUMR Mumbai Top Companies 2019
- Goldman Sachs
- Sterlite Power
- The SPJIMR campus is spread over an area of 45 acres in a posh locality of Mumbai, Andheri West
- The Campus consists of residential facilities cafeterias, classrooms and learning centres like library, IT centre, amphitheatre and training centre.
- The campus also has a lake cultural centre botanical garden and yogkutir.
- Hostels have a pretty good infrastructure along with options of AC/Non AC rooms.
- Mess food is both healthy and quite easy on the pocket.
Academics & Faculty
- Rated amongst the top MBA colleges in India, the academia and curriculum design of SPJIMR is no less than any top B-School.
- The professors are really experienced and will help and guide you at every level.
- A practical approach is applied to problem solving.
This is one of the best colleges for business education in India. Not much hyped unlike the IIM’s but it is surely one of the great learning institutions.
SP Jain does certain things differently in management education space which makes it a great institution. Let me elucidate all these points here.
- First of all SP Jain has a different way of admitting the students. SP Jain not only gives weights to academics & grades but also to overall personality of students. Students have to submit their complete profile in terms of certain questions asked by college. In a typical SP Jain class you would see engineers, commerce graduates, art graduates etc.
- They also give importance to work experience which B schools in India normally give no importance at all.
- They have exchange programs with various fine institutions of the world which makes learning fun.
- College believes in value based education .Also College does not believe in the concept of rat race. Grades are important but not that much. I have heard stories of some of my friends who were in IIM A, that there is serious rate race over there in terms of grade and at times people do attain their degrees in 3 years. This pressure you will not find in SP Jain.
- Faculty is Excellent. Mixed faculty with expertise in theory and also faculty having a vast industry experience.
- There are lots of things which you can pursue over there.
As I searched on Quora this college is the best college in Maharashtra. The faculty here is very good all teachers are very supportive. As a counsellor i suggest you this is the best college in Maharashtra.