As you all know that Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) are very popular among management appearing students, who are seeking for good business school in India. Many students opt for MBA from IITs over newer IIMs or other top B-Schools.. Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) are the autonomous public technical and research universities located across India. They are governed by the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961, There are mainly 23 IITs in different cities of india. If you score 90+ in CAT Exam you have the best chance to apply for IIts.
For MBA (Masters in Business Administration) aspirants IIT Madras is one of the top premier Universities in India. IIT Madras was mainly established in 1959. IIT Madras established the Department of Management Studies, popularly known as (DoMS) in April 2004 as a home to the popular Master in Business Administration course being taught since August 2001 to impart high quality formal education in management science through a comprehensive 2 year regular MBA programme. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) at IIT Madras is a 4 semester residential regular program spread over two academic years. IIT Madras is situated in Madras in Tamil Nadu state of India. It is accredited from AICTE. DoMS is a part of IIT Madras which is the first IIT to open its doors to enthusiasts from streams other than Engineering such as B.A, B.Sc & B.Com in 2013. Besides the MBA program, the department has research programs at the Masters (MS) and Doctoral (PhD) levels, an MS (Entrepreneurship) program and an Executive MBA program for the middle and senior level executives. MBA in IIT Madras is a dream for many students because IIT Roorkee is an outstanding and innovative program in management education in less fee structure and MBA Course is much popular among the students in terms of Placement & ROI. The department currently runs a two year full time MBA programme (General and with focus on Telecommunication Systems Management). Students who were preparing for CAT 2020 can apply for MBA admission at (DoMS)IIT Madras. The last date to apply at this coveted B-school closes on January 31, 2021. Hostel facilities are available for its students in DMS.
Ranking of IIT Madras DoMS
It is among Top 50 Indian B- Schools and has been ranked 15th by NIRF in 2019 in the Management category.
IIT Madras DoMS online application form for MBA Programme admission in academic session 2021-2022 has been released in the online mode on January 4, 2021 by accessing doms.iitm.ac.in upto January 31, 2021 (SUNDAY 4:00 p.m.).
|Location||Sardar Patel Road, Chennai,|
|Nirf Ranking (2020)||15|
|Also Known as||DoMS IIT Madras|
|College Type||Public/Government, Autonomous|
|Seat Intake||60 to 70|
|Total faculty||25 Full Time|
Mode of Admission:
- Candidates are selected on the basis of CAT Exam & PI round, academics, work experience and diversity for PGP programme.
- Without CAT there is no mode of admission.
- Students who applied for IIT Delhi MBA programmes on qualifying the CAT 2020 will be shortlisted and then invited for an interview, which will be held at IIT Kharagpur.
- Candidates for PGP must fill all the required eligibility criteria made under the admission Guidelines.
The candidates who want to pursue MBA from IIT Madras are required to fulfill the eligibility requirements set by the institute. Check the eligibility criteria given below.
- Admission Seekers are required to get minimum qualifying marks in the CAT Exam.
- Candidates must pass their (10+2) with at least minimum 60% in Class 10/ SSC and Class 12/ HSC.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 60% aggregate marks.
- For reserved category students at least 55% in their bachelor’s degree(relaxation of 5% in marks).
- IIT Graduates who have obtained a CGPA of 8 and above on 10 are exempted from CAT score.IIT Graduates who have obtained a CGPA of 8 and above on 10 are exempted from CAT score.
Eligibility Criteria for Non-Resident Indian and Foreign Nationals
- Valid GMAT Score
- Graduates (or professional qualification equivalent to that of a University degree recognized by the UGC) in any discipline with first class or 60% marks earned in their degree from a recognized/reputed University
COMPOSITE SCORE will be calculated with due weights to
- CAT score
- Past academic performance,
- Work experience
- Academic Diversity
Applicants will be shortlisted based on the composite score. Relaxation for all categories according to GOI norms will be followed.
Highest CTC in Placement 2020 goes up to Rs. 29.06 LPA
Average CTC in Placement 2020 goes up at Rs.12.44 LPA
Category Fee Amount All GEN/GEN-EWS and NC-OBC candidates Rs. 1600/- All SC/ST/PD candidates Rs. 800/- (Application Processing Fee is non-refundable) .
MBA Admission Application Fee:
Tuition Fee (Indian Citizen)
Rs.10,31,200/- ( for the entire MBA Full Time Programme payable in equal installments
Approx 2.57Lakh per semester
Tentative Schedule For Admission Activity:
|Admission Process||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of online submission of application form||04 th January 2021|
|Last Date of Online Application Form||31st January 2021, 11:59pm (Sunday)|
|Online Personal Interview||Last Week of March 2021|
|Declaration of Admission Results||N/A|
Admission Process of IIT Madras(How to apply):
Steps For Admission in IIT Madras given below:
Step 1: Candidates firstly visit the official website https://doms.iitm.ac.in/ to access the online application form.
Step 2: Then, click on the link ‘application form’ and then, click on the ‘register’ button.
Step 3: Enter the information like name of the applicant, e-mail id, date of birth etc.
Step 4: Enter the personal details like gender, nationality, contact number, address etc.
Step 5: After filling the personal details, enter the past academic details like class 10th,12th, graduation name of the exam, name of the board, year of completion, marks.
Step 6: After filling all the details, upload the photograph and signature.
Step 7: Now pay the application fee .
Step 8: As the last step, take a printout of the submitted application form.
Application fee: Candidates are required to pay Rs 1600/- the mode of online payment gateways is a debit card / net banking / credit card.
List of documents for filling application form:
- Recent Photograph
- Candidate’s Signature
- CAT 2020 Score card
- 10th Certificate
- 12th Certificate/Diploma Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree or pre final/Final/consolidated mark-sheet (whichever is applicable)
- Appeared/appearing candidates can upload last available year/semester mark-sheet
- Masters Degree or final/consolidated /mark-sheet, if any
- SC/ST/OBC/GEN-EWS/PD Certificate, if applicable
- Sponsorship/No Objection Certificate, if applicable (Annexure-2)